Thursday, December 10, 2009
Scientech offers a Comprehensive Range of Test & Measuring Instruments, Educational Training Equipment & Software's to its dealers which have been proven to be the best in the industry. The testimonials of our satisfied clients itself says much about our product and services. We are proud to announce that we are number one oscilloscope manufacturer in India. We have been leading the market with these products. We are exporting educational training equipment to various countries like Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Middle East etc.
Contact:Scientech Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Eroor Vasudev Road, North Janatha, Palarivattom Cochin - 682 025 (Kerala)
Ph : 0484-2343423
email : email@example.com
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
In Kerala temples have great role in the life of people living around it. Every place have its own deity called 'deshanathan'. We have to please him before all important events.
'Nirmalyam', 'Abhishekam', 'nedyam' , 'sheeveli', 'Pushpanjali' , 'Sreekovil', 'Thanthri', 'Varyar', 'Marar', 'Mothathu', 'melshanthi', 'keezhshanti', 'vazhipadu', 'Utsavabali', 'Pradakshinam' and 'Thirumeni' these terms are related to temples.
Temples have lot of rituals connected with the people around it. 'Utsavams' are one of that kind. 'Parayeduppu utsavam' is a main festival of every temple. Chief diety visits every devotee's house once in an year. That is known as 'para edukkal'. Para is a measuring instrument for grains. In older days everyone offered rice to the diety during his house visit. Then he bless the whole family. There will be different items to offer. 'Arippara', Nelpara,Aval para.malar para, sharkara para and pazham para. Some devi temples have manjal para also. During para we have to fill a changazhi and a nazhi also. These are smaller versions of para. 'Thidambu' will be on the top an elephant accompanied by 'thalapoli' and panchavadya.
'Thalapoli' is also a speciality of Kerala. Mostly it is carried by ladies. A vessel full of flowers to welcome a very important member to a function or in temples. Some times this contain a lamp inside the 'thattam'. Some place half coconut with lamp to make the occasion more special. In our weddings also its an inevitable part to welcome bride and groom.
For Anpoli we have to fill five paras, five changazhis and five nazhis.
Now almost all the temple changed their rituals of parayeduppu. Diety will not visit everyone's home, we can offer paras at kodimara chuvadu(below the flag post). There will be elephants and pachavadya in Aanakkottil. Its very auspicious to take part in the event.
During my childhood house will be cleaned for parayeduppu. Every road will be cleaned to welcome the diety. In front of the gate a small welcome shed will be made with dry coconut leaves(medanja ola). The floor must be cleaned with cow dung and kolams will be drawn with rice powder. The whole shed will be decorated with tender coconut leaves. Then we will place bronze lamps and para will be placed on a banana leaf. Fire crackers and panchvadya will make the event more colourful. Every keralite have a memory of 'para edukkal'
Monday, August 10, 2009
1) Mithra Niketan Working Women’s Hostel, Pattoor, Trivandrum. 2475974
2) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Trivandrum-1. 2320743
3) Kerala Working Women’s Association Hostel, Nearest Co-operative Bank Tower, Trivandrum. 2318272
4) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Perumthanni, Trivandrum. 2466558
5) KR Indira House, Bakery Junction, Palayam, Trivandrum. 2325884.
6) Athirashrama Working Women’s Hostel, PMG, Vikas Bhavan, Trivandrum. 2309043
7) Shree Vidyathi Raja Working Women’s Hostel, Sreekariyam, Trivandrum.
8) Working Women’s Hostel, Kanjiramkulam, College Road, Kanjiramkulam.P.O., Trivandrum. 9) Muslim Association Working Women’s Hostel, DPI, Thycaud.P.O., Trivandrum
10) Women’s Muslim Association, Panavila Juction, Trivandrum. 2321473
11) SH Sevanikethan Working Women’s Hostel, Kavadiar.P.O., Trivandrum-3. 2313876
12) Mary Nilayam Working Women’s Hostel, Pongummoodu, Trivandrum. 2440402
1) Sree Nikethan Working Women’s Hostel, Chathannoor, Kollam.
2) Matha Amrithanandamayi Vanitha Hostel, Parippalli, Kollam.
3) Athurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Kottarakkara, Kollam.
4) Athurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Punalur, Kollam.
5) Marthoma Suvisesha Sevika Sangham Vanitha Hostel, Kottarakkara, Kollam.
6) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Thevally, Kollam.
7) SNV Sadanam Working Women’s Hostel, College Junction, Kollam.
8) Sodari Bhavan Working Women’s Hostel, Opposite Stadium, Kollam.
9) Working Women’s Hostel, Near Municipal Stadium, Chemmanthoor, Punalur, Kollam. Pathanamthitta District
1) Athura Seva Sangham Working Women’s Hostel, Kodumthara, Pathanamthitta.
2) YWCA Working Women’s Hostel, Adoor, Pathanamthitta.
3) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Pathanamthitta.
4) YWCA Working Women’s Hostel, Pathanamthitta.
5) YWCA Working Women’s Hostel, Konni, Pathanamthitta.
6) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Pandalam, Pathanamthitta.
1) KVM Working Women’s Hostel, Cherthala, Alappuzha. 0478-2814052
2) Athurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Mavelikara, Alappuzha.
3) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Pazhaveedu.P.O., Alappuzha 0477-2262354
4) Rottary Working Women’s Hostel, Asramam Ward, Avalukunnu.P.O., Alappuzha-6.
5) Saradamandir Working Women’s Hostel, Asramam Ward, Avalukkunnu.P.O.,
6) St.Mary’s Working Women’s Hostel, Kayamkulam, Alappuzha.
7) Municipal Working Women’s Hostel, Cherthala, Alappuzha.
8) Working Women’s Hostel, 0477-2245193 Kidangamparambu, Alappuzha 0477-2252913
9) YWCA Women’s Hostel, Vazhicheri, Alappuzha. 0477-2245622
Kottayam District 1) Pavana Working Women’s Hostel, Ponkunnam.P.O., Kottayam. 0482822275
2) Municipal Working Women’s Hostel, Pala, Kottayam. 215926
3) Knanaya Working Women’s Hostel
4) Santhi Nikethan Working Women’s Hostel, Gandhi Nagar.P.O., Kottayam. 2597220
5) Navajyothi Working Women’s Hostel, Amalagiri.P.O., Kottayam. 2596445
6) Jaya Working Women’s Hostel, Aruvithura, Eerattupetta-686122. 0482222236
7) Young Women’s Christian Association, Kottayam-686001. 2560188
8) SNV Working Women’s Hostel, Sasthri Road, Kottayam. 2564822
1) Deepthi Hostel, Kattappana, Idukki.
2) Nirmala Working Women’s Hostel, Thodupuzha.P.O., Idukki.
3) Vimala Working Women’s Hostel, Vellayamkudi, Kattappana, Idukki.
4) Athurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Thodupuzha.P.O., Idukki.
5) Kerala State Housing Board Working Women’s Hostel, Muttam, Thodupuzha, Idukki.
6) Giri Rani Working Women’s Hostel, Painavu.P.O., Idukki.
7) Athurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Peerumedu, Idukki.
1) Santhigiri Working Women’s Hostel, Karanakkodam, Pipeline Road, 2340784 Palarivattam.P.O., Kochi-682025. 2338455
2) KSWDC Working Women’s Hostel, Gandhi Nagar, Kochi-20.
3) Aathurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Pulinchodu, Aluva, Ernakulam. 2625289
4) Nagara Sabha Karyalayam Working Women’s Hostel, Perumbavoor, Ernakulam. 2525327
5) Ernakulam District Muslim Women’s Association, Krishnaswami Cross Road, Kochi-35. 2355978
6) Vimala Working Women’s Hostel, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam. 2832670
7) KSWDC Working Women’s Hostel, Kunnumpuram, Thrikkakara, Ernakulam.
8) Viswa Hindu Parishad Sree Karthiayini Working Women’s Hostel, Perandoor Road, Kaloor, Kochi.
9) MWA Working Women’s Hostel & Day Care Centre, Kaluvath Road, Palarivattom, Kochi. 2360568
10) Dharmagiri Vikas Working Women’s Hostel, Kothamangalam, Ernakulam. 954852825466 11) Aathurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam. 2812042
12) SNV Sadanam Trust, Ernakulam, Kochi-16. 2369517
13) Ernakulam Karayogam Working Women’s Hostel, Variyam Road, Kochi. 2355161
14) Perumbavoor Mahila Mandal Working Women’s Hostel, Perumbavoor, Ernakulam.
15) YWCA Working Women’s Hostel, Dr.Kurup Lane, Perumbavoor. 2523097
16) Vengoor Vanitha Samajam Kudumbasree Working Women’s Hostel, Angamaly, Ernakulam. 2452601
17) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, 2330844 Padivattom, Edappilly, Ernakulam. 2348159
18) Aathuraseva Sangham Working Women’s Hostel & Day Care Centre, Vythila, Ernakulam. 2301167
19) KSWDC Working Women’s Hostel, Kakkanad, Vazhakkala, Ernakulam.
20) Working Women’s Hostel, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Ernakulam. 21) Housing Board Working Hostel, Kakkanad, Near Old Police Station.
1) Govt. Vanitha Hostel, Near Collectorate, Acquanthol, Thrissur.
2) Aathurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Poonkunnam, Thrissur.
3) Aathurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Padinjarenada, Guruvayoor, Ernakulam. 954872553769
4) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Padinjarenada, Thrissur. 954872381075
5) YWCA Hostel, Chembookkavu, Thrissur.
6) Aathira Women’s Hostel, Kottappuram, Thrissur.
7) Kasthoorba Women’s Hostel, Nedupuzha, Thrissur.
8) Pope Paul Mercy Home Vanitha Hostel, Peringannoor.P.O., Athani, Thrissur.
1) Aathurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Pallippuram.P.O., Near Mercy College, Palakkad. 2535691
2) Mahima Working Women’s Hostel, 04924222336 Nadayalika Road, Mannarkkad, Palakkad. 04924223814
3) Training School Hostel (TTC), TTITM Thara, Njaduvayoor, Palakkad. 954923252282
4) Yoginimatha Working Women’s Hostel, Aalathur, Palakkad.
5) Sarani Ladies Hostel, Vannoor Road, Alathur, Palakkad.
6) Jyothi Nilayam Working Women’s Hostel, Erimayoor.P.O., Aalathur, Palakkad.
7) St. & Women’s Hostel & Convent, Gulikkadavu, Agali.P.O., Palakkad. 04924254109
8) Chaithannya Women’s Hostel, Pattambi, Palakkad.
1) Manjeri Women’s Hostel, Manjeri.P.O., Malappuram. 04832768437
2) Aathurasramam Working Women’s Hostel, Kavungal, Malappuram. 04832734823 Kozhikkode District
1) NGO Quarters Ladies Hostel (Govt.), Vellimadukunnu, Kozhikkode.
2) One Day Home (under Social Welfare Dept.), Juvanile Home Compund, Vellimadukunnu, Kozhikkode.
3) YWCA, YWCA Cross Road, Kozhikkode-1. 2369740
4) Gorotty Hostel, Near District Court, Kozhikkode.
5) MES Working Women’s Hostel, Kozhikode. 2368538
6) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Meenchantha, Kozhikkode-673018. 2320905
7) An Islam Charitable Trust, Dayapuram.P.O., REC, Kozhikkode. 2287236
8) Sreekandeswara Kshethrayogam Working Women’s Hostel, Kozhikkode. 2722581
9) Calicut Muslim Association, Kozhikkode. 2701423
10) Farok College Managing Committee, P.O. Farok College, Kozhikode. 2440661
11) Mukkam Muslim Orphanage Committee, P.O.Mukkom, Kozhikkode. 2297122
12) Deseeya Mahila Samajam, Nadakkavu, Kozhikkode. 2369526
1) Vimal Jyothi Seva Sangham, Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad. 221359
2) Working Women’s Hostel, Mananthavady, Wayanad.
3) Vimal Jyothi Seva Sangham, Kalpetta, Wayanad. 203479
4) NSS Working Women’s Hostel, Kalpetta, Wayanad.
5) Priyadarsini Working Women’s Hostel, Kalpetta, Wayanad.
1) St.John’s Sisters Anungraha Convent Hostel, Play School, Thalikkavu, Kannur. 04972766315 2) CSI Badhania Home, Payambalam, Kannur. 04972707173
3) SN College Vanitha Hostel, Thottada, Kannur-7. 04972732666
4) Town Co-operative Bank Working Women’s Hostel, P.O.Thiruvangad, Thalasseri, Kannur. 04972700792
5) Sree Njanodaya Yogam Working Women’s Hostel, Temple Gate, P.O. Thalasseri, Kannur. 04902324733
6) Visitation Convent Hostel, Madambam, P.O. Madamabam, Kannur. 04982230348
7) Co-operative Vanitha Hostel, Karuvacheri, Payyannur, Kannur. 04985208235
8) DM Convent, Edathu, Payyannur, Kannur. 04985203927
9) NSS Women’s Hostel, Payyannur.P.O., Payyannur, Kannur.
10) St.Mary’s Women’s Hostel,] Pilathara, P.O.Pilathara, Kannur.
11) Basania Hostel, Punchiri Mukku, Pallikkunnu, Kannur.
12) Visitation Convent Hostel, Near Thalappu Housing Colony, Thalappu, Kannur. 04972703830 Kasaragod District
1) Madona Working Women’s Hostel, Railway Station Road, Kasaragod-671121.
2) Guild of Service, Kasaragod.
3) District Panchayath Hostel (Working Women’s Hostel), Udayagiri, Kasaragod.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Address and phone no. of Nature life hospital:
No.29/2297, Chambakkara, Vyttila, Kochi, Ernakulam, Cochin, Kerala - 682019.
Ph: 0484 - 2301340, 6450925, 2303835
Saturday, July 11, 2009
The Mahasivrathri Festival at Thrikkuratti Temple
The Mahasivrathri festival at Thrikkuratti Mahadeva temple is different from other temples due to its unique festivities. Though the spectacular and colourful cultural programs are performed by renowned artists during these eleven days, the main emphasis is for Sahasrakalasabishekam, Sivarathri Nrutham and Mahasivarathri Procession.
This is a very special and rare puja conducted during 10 days of Mahasivarathri festival. It is well known that Lord Siva is abhishekapriya (lover of ablutions). Lord Parasurama and Kroshta muni, during their worship of the lord here, are believed to have bathed the deity with Sahasrakalasam or a thousand pots of holy water according to Vedic rites. Now during Mahasivarathri festival days the Head Priest (Thanthri) and his team perform this puja. It is a ten day function, each day an offering of 101 Kalasam or pots of holy water being made 100 pots of Silver and one of Gold at do centre all filled with water and surcharged with mantras recited by learned Brahmins seated on the Mukhamantapam. These are emptied on the deity, the golden pot Brahmakalasam being the last one. A magnificent light is the indication or identity of Lord Shiva and the Shiva Lingam is considered to be the symbol of it. Hence, the formal worship on Maha Shivratri consists of bathing the Shiva Lingam. Lord Shiva is said to be burning with the fire of austerity and so only those items are offered to Him that have a cooling effect. A cool water bath is believed to propitiate Him best. There is a belief among devotees that participation in Sahasrakalam will lead to blessings with prosperity. Hundreds of devotees thronging the shrine with chants of “Namasivaya”, “Hara hara mahadeva”, and “Sambho Mahadeva”.
Sivarathri Nrutham at Thrikkuratti temple, according to religious scholars, resembles with , the cosmic dance of Shiva, called ‘Anandatandava,' meaning, ‘the Dance of Bliss’ symbolizes the cosmic cycles of creation and destruction, as well as the daily rhythm of birth and death. The dance is a pictorial allegory of the five principle manifestations of eternal energy - creation, destruction, preservation, salvation, and illusion. The Priest keeps sheeveli vigraha (idol) fixed on decorated frame on his head. He makes seven rounds on pradakshina vazhi (Holi walkway make of granite around Sanctum Santorum). When fifth round reaches at west nada (Parvathi nada), the door opens for just 10 minutes. This is an annual ceremony. Thousands of Pilgims rush to have a glance of this auspicious moment. At this time all the pradakshina vazhi will be lighted with Camphor and Brass lanterns and hundreds of devotes who spent a sleepless night with chants of “Namasivaya”, “Hara Hara Mahadeva” and “Sambho Mahadeva”. Old people cry “Hara sankara siva sankara duritham kala sivane”. In this enlightened serene mood, the Priest performs Nrutham and runs along pradakshina vazhi towards east nada. Next two rounds he accepts “Valiya kanikka”. The Sivarathri Nrutham is followed by the well known magnificent display of fireworks.Mahasivarathri Procession On Sivarathri day evening a grand procession starts from Kadapra Kainikkara Temple. It includes, several decorated floats, Kaavadi Aaatam, Mayilattom, Amman Kudom, Thaiyyam, Vela kali, Kuthiyotta chuvadu, richly caparisoned elephants and folk art forms etc attracts thousands of devotees and tourists. When the main procession reaches Market Junction, other similar processions from Kurattikkadu Mutharamman Temple, Kurattissery Kannamkavil Mutharamman Temple, Thrippavoor Mahavishnu Temple and Alumoodu Sivaparvathy Temple joins and altogether making the procession quite enlivening. The marvellous as well as magical effect of the Sinakari melam and Panchavadyam, a combination of five percussion and wind instruments is to be felt and enjoyed. Among the varieties of festivals celebrated in Kerala, Thrikkuratti Sivarathri Procession is one of the most thunderous, spectacular and dazzling. It is an expression of popular fascination for sound and colour, and because of the pageantry, it appeals to all people including foreigners. Once the procession reaches tample, Deeparadhana followed by colourful display of fireworks.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
During stressful times we need external support. Some encouraging words from a close friend,it may be enough to wipe off the negatives in us. Stay in contact with others, these relations may become a safety valve for us in crisis.
The very important thing is the confidence in our inner strength. This makes the problem solving more easier and healthy.
That problem made a lot of impact in my friend's mind. Always try to listen to others. There must be a listening hour in every week. This will reduce the impact of problems. Try to listen to others. We can have a smile with gratitude from their face. Its more than money and power.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
- Thirumullavaram Beach
- Shastham Kotta
- Adventure park
- Kottarakkara Ganapathy temple
- Sree Padmanabha swamy temple
- Aattukal Bhagawathy temple
- Art museum
- Sree chithra art gallery
- Kowdiar palace
- Priyadarshini planetorium
- Papanasham beach
- Thiruvallam parasurama temple
- Tropical botanical garden and Research Institute
- Sree padmanabhapuram palace
- Neyyar dam
- Koickal palace
- Agasthya koodam
- Joy alukkas
- Chennai silks
- Immanuel silks
- Karikkineth textiles
- Ayyappas, Kottayam
- Pulimoottil silk house
- Kasavu kada
- ► August (2)
- ► 2008 (83)