Monday, September 22, 2008

RLV college of music and Fine arts, Thripunithura

Irumbu palam, Thripunithura
Shots from Irumbu palam

RLV college new building inaugurated on 18.09.2008 . RLV College phone no.-0484-2779757

Views from Irumbupalam (Iron bridge). Irumbu palam connects Maradu and Thripunithura. It is also a historical monument of the royal era. The bridge is at the western part of Sri poornathrayeesha temple. It was built in 1895 by the British emperors. Then it was meant for the bullock carts and horse drawn rikshaws. In 1990 a major maintanence work had done. Now its main bottle neck area in that road.
RLV college of Music and Fine arts
Old building behind Sree poornathrayeesha temple, Thripunithura.
Radha Lakshmi Vilasam College of Music was established in the year 1936 by the Maharaja of Kochi. Now it is under the Kerala Government offering 13 degree courses and 11 post graduate courses. Disciplines include Veena, Violin, Mridangam, Chenda, Maddalam, Kathakali, Kathakali music, Bharatha natyam, Mohiniyattom, Painting and Applied art.
This prestigious institution was functioned in an old building at a pathetic condition. On September 18th of 2008 the new building was inaugurated by Minister of Education Mr.M A Baby. Former students and musical stalwarts like K J Yeshudas and Thiruvizha Jayashanker were also present at the historical moment.
The new building had two blocks and four floors with an area of 8,300 sq. feet. Each floor will be devoted to different art form. There are 55 class rooms in total.

Government Boys highschool, Thripunithura.
Other main institutions in this road are Poornathrayeesha Balasramam an orphanage for boys run by Viswa hindu parishad, Puthen bunglaw temple and RLV college.

No comments:

Blog Archive